When: Sunday 10th February, meeting at 09.45 until about lunch time.
Who: Young or old, no experience necessary and there’s always something to do even if you can’t do heavy work. Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and all children aged 16 or 17 must have the written permission of a parent or guardian. Vulnerable adults must be accompanied by their carer.
Where: Meeting point will be the entrance from Peveril Drive, 09.45, or find us in the woods if you arrive later.
What: We will be planting canopy and understorey trees in the trial area towards the southern end of the main path and, if time, further planting on the eastern boundary.
How: Relevant training will be given where necessary.
Safety: All volunteers must pay attention to the safety of themselves and others. A Risk Assessment will be prepared and will be available for inspection on the day. Please respect all decisions of the work party leader.
Other Useful Info:
· Please wear suitable gardening clothes and sturdy footwear. Covering arms and legs might be advisable to help avoid insect bites, ticks, stings, scratches, etc.. Also the use of insect repellent might be appropriate, particularly from spring through to early autumn.
· Also bring gardening gloves if you have them (although we have a supply if anyone needs them).
· We will supply appropriate tools, but if you do bring your own, please inspect them for safety.
· Bring a drink.
· Waterproofs / sun-cream would be useful to cover every weather eventuality!
· It is highly recommended that you ensure your tetanus vaccinations are up-to-date.
Please advise the leader of any pre-existing condition that should be taken into account in the event of a medical emergency during the work party.
Please let us know if you hope to attend, so that we can ensure an appropriate supply of tools. Hopefully we will see as many of you as possible.
John (Work Party Coordinator)